Amazon Acquires Goodreads
Amazon have announced that they will be acquiring Goodreads, for an undisclosed sum.
Goodreads, launched in 2007, allows its 16million members to rate and review the books they’ve read, list those they would like to read, and see what their friends are reading.
Amazon’s Kindle Content Vice President, Russ Grandinetti, said the two companies will work together "to build many new ways to delight readers and authors alike." It will certainly offer Amazon some indepth and valuable reading habit insight.
With Amazon’s growing influence gaining considerable criticism, their announced acquisition of Goodreads has been met with scepticism from both writers and readers.
What do you think?
61 Notes/ Hide
- confessions-of-a-redhead likes this
- neko032 likes this
- a-little-harmed-shinra reblogged this from writingbox and added:
- overly-cool reblogged this from talesofthestarshipregeneration and added:
- dreamawhile answered:Noooooo :( not more for amazon…….
- un-memories answered:I think this is a great idea. I love buying books from Amazon, and goodreads is a great place to find out what to read next.
- wolflog likes this
- thedeviante answered:uggghhhhh. as if disgustingly large corporations weren’t enough places
- yarpfish answered:I’m torn. On one hand you’re more likely to get more honest opinions about books on GR. On the other - funding for these thin
- yarpfish reblogged this from writingbox
- runa-lovegood answered:LibraryThing is still the best, soooo I’m good! :)
- etoiles-rouges likes this
- justauseronline likes this
- justauseronline reblogged this from writingbox
- justauseronline answered:I don’t use this phrase lightly, but just hell no. I have tried to avoid that website, and now it’s over where I find my opinions private.
- crayonsandteaparties likes this
- journeyers-scrapbook answered:I enjoy both sites, but don’t like the idea of Goodreads belonging to Amazon. A review site should be independent from a retailer.
- cadwallia reblogged this from writingbox and added:
- cadwallia answered:AUGH FUCK I hate Amazon
- keebiekneebiez reblogged this from notesonascandal
- writingismyheaven likes this
- bespokewords reblogged this from resourcesforthemuse
- cibosan answered:because the successful people on top are greedy, money-hungry sociopaths.
- bespokewords likes this
- scribbledscenes likes this
- torukun1 likes this
- nappynomad reblogged this from afrafemme and added:
- lunasault likes this
- militantlioness likes this
- rclz answered:I find it very interesting to watch their company strategy
- blasianovr9000 reblogged this from alostbird
- thepsychoticunicorn answered:Uh… NO! What the Hell amazon?! Leave my baby alone! It’s fine the way it is!!!
- gatsbygal answered:They just want to be able to track readers, which is pretty bullshit.
- blkcowrie likes this
- april-midori answered:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I DO NOT WANT MY DATA TRACKED BY AMAZON. :(
- yoursourire likes this
- ereyes312 reblogged this from alostbird
- pinkkdaisy likes this
- ereyes312 likes this
- theroguefeminist reblogged this from talesofthestarshipregeneration and added:
- etherealimbue reblogged this from afrafemme
- theroguefeminist answered:I FUCKIGN HATE AMAZONNNN NOOOOOOOOO
- glasscoffin reblogged this from notesonascandal and added:
- hassaleh answered:This tweet sums it up: twitter.com/Jonatha…
- notesonascandal reblogged this from talesofthestarshipregeneration and added:
- afrafemme reblogged this from howtobeterrell
- notesonascandal likes this
- jeankirschtorte answered:I’m not really sure what to think yet. I was definitely disappointed to hear that GR has been bought out, though.
- matchstickprincess answered:Oh, wow, really? I’m not actually sure whether or not this is a good thing. I suppose time’ll tell.
- sterlingsea likes this